Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

22 August 2012

Summer 2012 Recap

Fitness is something that I make time for no matter what happens in my day. Exercise is an important part of my regular routine. It isn't something that I squeeze into my life. Instead I make exercise a priority -- something I do every day, just like eating breakfast or brushing my teeth.

While my husband was away for his summer deployment, I made some goals for myself to eat healthy and train hard. Well I did just that. I ate clean, and worked out (a lot), heck I even lost TEN pounds in three months. I'm very proud of myself for accomplishing these goals. I will continue to live the fit life. Nothing tastes better than being fit :)

During the summer I went back to Sacramento California to visit with family. I took advantage of having "free" babysitters which enabled me to stick with my workout routine even while on vacation.

I've been running 6 times a week, running stairs at least once a week, hills once a week, weight training at least three times a week, and I have incorporated agility ladder drills to my routine.

This summer I ran in the Folsom Firecracker 10k, and Davis Moonlight Half-marathon. Go Me!!!


4th Of July Folsom Firecracker 10k



Davis Moonlight Half Marathon


Stair Workout At Sacramento State


Agility Ladder and Stair Workout at Sacramento State


9 or 10 Mile Run With My Friend Carol :)


Okay, the picture above is my sister. While she rode her bike on the bike trails, I ran :)


My barbell set given to me from my sister :) 


Hills!!! Gotta love the burn.


Track and Stair workout in Silverdale WA

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing, I can't imagine myself being able to run a 10k, but hopefully I'll be able to one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great summer!!! Congrats. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post!! Because it inspires people to maintain fitness, which results in healthy life.




     Fitness health

    ReplyDelete