Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

28 February 2013

Gym Motivation -Workout from Yesterday


Finally, I ran! I haven't ran since last week, which seems like an eternity. Before my run I worked out at the gym - chest and triceps. I haven't worked out my chest in months so I'm pretty sore at the moment. There use to be a times when I avoided hills but now I embrace them  Running hills has helped me become a faster runner. Not only that but when running/walking on an incline you are working your hamstrings and glutes. I'm turning 30 this year and gravity is trying to take over. I won't let it. I will have a banging body for the rest of my life!

During my run it took me a while to warm up. Do any of you have that feeling in your legs when your running that they want shatter. After a while it went away. Miles 1 & 2 were slow, then about 2 and half miles in I was able to pick up the pace to 8 min miles and throw in some wind sprints. I'd like to start running longer distances, it's been hard trying to add it with weight lifting. I'll probably be making some changes in my workouts soon.


I can't live without my oatmeal. 
* 1/2 of rolled oats
*1 cup of water
* Microwave for 2:20 minutes
*Add slivered almonds and a dash of cinnamon. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a great run. I used to hate hills too, but now I kind of like them and try to do them every other week or so.

    ReplyDelete