Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

22 February 2013

Why I Blog about my Fitness Journey

I'm back! No worries, just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I stopped working out. I changed my blog and Instagram name to Lisas_Fit_Life. Instagram is where I have been posting all my daily happenings so feel free to follow me on there, my username is Lisas_Fit_Life. I would like to start blogging on a regular basis, please continue to follow me on here as well.

Why I blog

I use this blog as a fitness journal to help me stay focused and accountable. It's a real inspiration to read over my struggles and see how far I have come in my fitness journey.

Other reasons why I blog:

To inspire others: I want to be an inspiration. I want other people to see me and not just like me, but to say I can be like that and can relate to me in a lot of ways.

I love the fact that I can inspire people to change for the better. I've had friends tell me that they look up to me and that I inspire them to live a healthier lifestyle. It's great to know that I can have a positive effect on someone's life.  I've realized that once you've achieved goals, you have become a role model to someone.

To connect with other fitness enthusiasts: All my friends are well aware that I'm a little obsessed with fitness I have a passion for all things fitness, but the problem is, I don't have many friends who share the same passion . I have friends that workout but it's not the same. So I read blogs, follow people from the fitness industry on FB, and go on Instagram to chit chat with other fitness enthusiasts.

I'm not much of writer, I like to keep my blog posts short. I came real close to deleting this blog. After seeking encouragement from my social media fitness family I decided to keep it. Below are comments made to me after I mentioned how I wanted to stop blogging.

Your fitness posts will encourage at least one person to keep going, add another rep, set a new best, or just get out the door for a run. Don't doubt how inspiring your journey is to others. 

Even when it feels like nobody is reading, when nobody comments, keep going. If you are blogging about something you love, something that is coming from your heart, keep going. Someone somewhere is reading and is inspired. You better believe it. Even if they don't ever tell you. 

Don't keep inspiration to yourself, get it, then give it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look of the blog and YES you do inspire lots of us with your commitment to fitness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read your blog before, but this post was exactly what I needed to read today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete