Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

22 April 2013

Miles For Boston

Runners around the country and the world for that matter, have truly come together in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings. Runners are uniting by dedicating their "miles run" to everyone who has been effected by this tragedy. This is the way runners pay their respects and support for the Boston bombing victims. Runners have a really strong bond together, so people who aren't runners might not really understand how this shows support but runners understand.

In my area, about 80 local runners and walkers met for a Boston remembrance run. I brought two of my friends with me, one is a runner and the other is not. We ran about 4 miles. I was very impressed with my "non" runner friend. She was able to run 4 miles with only a few brief walking moments. I'm so proud of her :)

The run itself was pretty fun. We didn't focus on time at all. I even chatted with some people I didn't know, about marathons we have run in the past. During the run drivers honked at us as they drove by, people waved at us, some people stepped out of businesses and stores to cheer us on. Everyone was great. I'm so glad I was able to participate in this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment