Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

16 April 2013

Pray For Boston


I had planned on running last night but after hearing about the bombings I did not want to run. I was angry and sad, just full of emotions really. Running across that finish line is suppose to be one of the most memorable moments in your life. Having run two marathons myself, I can't help but think what if that was me getting ready to cross the finish line when the tragedy struck. I've had family members and friends wait for me at the finish. As a runner and a parent, I feel deeply affected by this (as I am sure most of you are).

The spectators at races give runners words of encouragement and hope that help keep us going. If there weren't any spectators at marathons, how many of you would actually want to run in a marathon? Not me.

To all spectators and volunteers: you probably don't hear this enough, THANK YOU, we (runners) truly do appreciate you.

To the running community: We all share a common bond. We will persevere.

My upcoming runs and races will be dedicated to everyone who have directly affected by this tragedy.





No comments:

Post a Comment