Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

25 October 2012

My favorite bicep exercise

Oct 24, 2012 Workout: Back, Legs & Cardio

Back:
DB one arm rows, immediately to bent over barbell rows 10 Reps, 4 Sets
Back extensions with weighted plate
Cable rows 12 Reps, 4 Sets
Lat pulldowns 12 Reps, 4 Sets
Straight arm pulldowns 12 Reps, 4 Sets

Biceps:
DB curls drop sets
Cable curls 12 Reps, 4 Sets
Hammer curls 8 Reps, 4 Sets
Barbell 21's 4 Sets

I discovered the barbell 21 exercise over the summer. It's by far my favorite bicep exercise. It might look easy but it's not!

My plan for cardio was to do HIIT on the treadmill but all the treadmills were being used at the gym. I ran a few laps around the track before going back inside the gym to finish off my cardio. My knee has been bothering me lately. I am way overdue for new shoes. Running in worn-out shoes is one of the most common causes of running injuries. A good rule of thumb is to change your shoes every 300 to 400 miles. Well I am way past that amount. I'm going to hold off on running until I can get a new pair of shoes next week. 

Cardio:
3 Rounds
Lateral step overs (fast), 1 minute
10 burpess
Lateral step overs (fast), 1 minute
10 pushups
Lateral step overs (fast), 1 minute
10 DB thrusters 
Lateral step overs (fast), 1 minute
I'm in need of NEW shoes!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post.This exercise is perfect for girls who want to specifically target the biceps.


    ReplyDelete