Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

15 October 2012

Pre Workout Drink: Assualt vs 1MR



I started using a pre work out drink to get a little bit more UMPH in my workouts. I tried the 1mr first, it's what my husband uses. He has it in the blue raspberry flavor. I could not for life of me finish this drink. It was nasty. I only took a few sips, I tried to force myself to drink it but I felt like I was going to puke! Ughhh yuck! The few sips I did take packed a punch in my workout. It makes me wonder how my workout would of went if I finished the whole drink. 

I heard good reviews about Muscle Pharm's Assault pre workout drink. It was on sale at the Navy Exchange so I bought the flavor fruit punch. I only used a half a scoop, I was worried it would taste as bad as 1MR. I finished the drink, tasted a little chalky but it was decent. I killed my workout after I took it so that's a plus! Next time I'll try a whole scoop.


I'm not sure if it was because I took a pre workout drink or not but my workout today went very well. I worked out my legs, abs and did sprints on the treadmill. When I came home I had to recover by sitting on the couch for an hour (or two). I should've filled up on carbs to get me through the rest of the day but I haven't prepped my meals yet and I've been lazy (aside from working out). 

Oct 15 2012 Workout: Legs, Abs HIIT

Legs:
Calf raises 20 Reps, 4 Sets (Superset w/) Bodyweight calf raises till failure
Bulgarian Squats 12 Reps, 4 Sets (Superset w/) Body weight wide stance squats till failure
Hack Squats 16 Reps, 4 Sets
Step over squats 1 Minute, immediately to DB Squats 12 Reps, immediately to Hop squats (together stance, then outer stance) 30 Seconds 4 Sets

ABS:
Leg raises 16 Reps, immediately to Russian twists till failure, immediately to plank till failure. 4 Sets
Cable crunchs 12-16 Reps, 4 Sets

HIIT:

Treadmill, 2 min walk, 30 Second Sprints @ 9.0, hop off rest 30 seconds, Total of 23 minutes. I threw three or four 1 minute sprints @ 9.0.

1 comment:

  1. You seriously didn't like 1.M.R?! Even though the taste wasn't THAT great, I found it to be the best pre-workout out there. I bought it based on this review http://getmusclelosefat.com/2012/09/1mr-reviews-1-m-r-by-bpi/ and never looked back.

    ReplyDelete