Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

10 September 2012

POW Memorial 5K Recap


I didn't have any intentions on running in this event. But since we got back in town the night before and I was in desperate need of a good workout, I went ahead and set my alarm for the next morning to register for the race. It would be nice to set a new PR in the 5K but I haven't been running lately so I knew a PR wasn't likely going to happen. I went out there and did my thing though. I did pretty amazing considering that I've been eating nothing but fast food for the past two weeks and haven't been running. 

5K Time: 25:54.43

Mile 1: 8 Min Mile I tried my best to start with a slow pace. 

Mile 2: 8:14 Min Mile Started to pick up the pace a little bit but then I realized, omg I am tired as heck, I can't believe I am still running!!

Mile 3: 8:57 Min Mile Hill!! I've run up this hill plenty of times with no problems but this time was a little different and that hill kicked my ass! Once I got to the top I took a walking break, started running again, then took two more (quick) walking breaks. I tried to pick up the pace, but I was just too tired so I stuck with a pace I felt comfortable running. When I came across that finish line all I could think of was "Thank goodness the race is OVER!!"


2 comments:

  1. awesome race! btw, your legs looks crazy strong in the picture of you running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finish! 5K's are an incredibly hard distance for me but I love the challenge!

    ReplyDelete