Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

31 May 2013

Fitness Friday - Rest Days


Finally, today is a rest day for me. I've been working out hard the past week. During yesterdays run I could tell was getting physically and mentally exhausted. Now it is time to recover, reflect, and relax. I'm going to enjoy today because I earned it!

More exercise does not always mean more energy. If you do not fit in rest days eventually you'll feel exhausted… all the time! Over training often leads to burn out.

Resting is the most important part of the muscle-building process. Rest is physically necessary so that the muscles can repair, rebuild and strengthen.

Building recovery time into any training program is important because this is the time that the body adapts to the stress of exercise and the real training effect takes place.

Lifting weights creates tiny tears in your muscles that can only repair during rest. This repair process is what makes your muscles stronger than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment