Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

06 December 2011

Moving Along...

photo

It's been a while since my husbands left. I've been a little dissapointed for the last few days because I am not any where near where I wanted to be in my fitness journey thus far. I've been working out but my diet hasn't been very clean. Then I looked at the picture above of my husband and all my worries went away. I have a lot going on right now, I'm holding down the home front taking care of my two daughters the best I can.

I realized this fitness life style isn't about being perfect. You will give into temptation and feel guilty the next morning. You will find an excuse to skip the gym. These are the moments that separates us from the winners and the quitters. Either you can say "forget it" and give up, or you can look at it as a moment to prove to yourself you can do this.

So that's what I am going to do. I WILL pick myself back up, because I know I can do this.

"Nothing is really over, until the moment you stop trying." - Bryon Dyson

Today's Workout 12/06/11:
Insanity - Cardio Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Strength Train - Shoulders, Chest, Triceps

(Shoulder)

Arnold Dumbell Press 4 Sets, 12-16 Reps
1 Arm Side Laterals 4 Sets, 12-16 Reps
Shoulder Press 4 Sets, 10-16 Reps

(Chest)

Around The Worlds 4 Sets, 8 Reps
Bench Press 4 Sets, 16 Reps
Push Ups 2, 3, 2, 2, 3

(Triceps)

Dumbbell Overhead Extensions 4 Sets, 12-20 Reps
Bentover Extensions 4 Sets, 12 Reps
Dips 4 Sets, 12 Reps

100 Push Up Challenge: 2, 3, 2, 2, 3 ....Next time I will complete the push ups before I do I my strength training routine. Doing it after was a bad idea because my arms could barely complete 1 push up after using the dumbbells!

Breakfast:
Rolled oats, with cinnamon and almonds
Banana & Water

fdba48f6209611e1a87612313804ec91_7

Lunch:
Chicken Breast
Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
Mandarins

8e29fada209211e19896123138142014_7

Snacks, dinner and everything in between kind of went down hill from here :/

5 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up. No one is perfect, especially when it comes to diet and exercise. You have a lot going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lose it after lunch sometimes as well. Good Luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Lisa, you've got a full plate holding down the fort at home. It must be even harder without the support of your husband, I can't imagine. I think you're doing awesome and I love your attitude. It isn't all or nothing... each day... each meal and each workout is a chance to restart. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have such a great attitude and are so strong! you can definitely do this! stay positive friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He'll be back before you know it. That picture brings back some memories for me. I was on the USS Tennessee a couple of years ago. My wife would think of my patrols as adventures to take on with our 3 boys. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete