Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

30 August 2011

Tuesday's Workout & HIIT

174963_179803468755585_148425808560018_386390_5102443_o
"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." ~Neale Donald Walsch~

Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone sometimes. Some of our biggest ACCOMPLISHMENTS happen when we do things we didn't think we could, or were forced to do.

On the flip side, some of our biggest REGRETS are when we look back on our lives and wish we would've at least TRIED to do something out of our comfort zone. We all have the ability to do much more than what we're currently doing. Don't sell yourself short or let fear hold you back! You have only 1 life, get out and get yours!

Tuesday's Workout:
Stair mill 10 Minutes
HIIT (Treadmill)
Strength Training: Back & Biceps

This morning I tried the stair mill for about ten minutes. I haven't been one in few years, so I felt wobbly and had to hold on to the side rails the ENTIRE time. I don't like how the stair mill at my gym goes by steps per minutes instead of going by levels like 1 through 20.

I hoped on to the treadmill to try a HIIT workout that's suppose to go like this....

5 Min warm up

10 rounds of 30 sec at 8% incline speed 9.0mph 30sec rest (hop on and off treadmill- do not stop the tread)

Walk 5min

10 rounds of incline 10% speed 9.0mph (30 sec on and 30 sec off)

Walk 5min

10 rounds of incline 15% speed 9.0mph (30 sec on 30 sec off)

5min walk cool down

Keep in mind this workout is IFBB Figure Olympia Nicole Wilkins personal HIIT workout. Nicole is a personal trainer, fitness model and a professional figure competitor. Since I am not on her level or anywhere near it, I had to adjust this workout. I tried the original workout but once I started sprinting on an 8% incline, OMG I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest.

I'd like to add HIIT (high intensity interval training) into my workout routine at least 2 times a week. Just to change things up a bit. When you do HIIT you can double your performance in half the time. I like HIIT because of the the challenge and I like pushing myself to the limits.

Both HIIT and normal cardio is important. High intensity interval training does work amazing in terms of boosting your fitness levels.
It also gives you much better fat loss results especially when you want to get really lean. For those who are looking to shed some extra pounds quickly, HIIT is the way to go. You can find some good articles regarding HIIT on Bodybuilding.com.

For a lot of great HIIT workout ideas , check out Janetha's, Naomi's, Lisa's, & Jill's (HERE & HERE) blogs.

1 comment:

  1. i've never tried a HIIT workout, but it sounds like it would be a great addition to my weekly runs...

    and i have never ever been on a stair master!

    love the quotes... love pushing myself and when others push themselves!

    ReplyDelete