Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

Follow by Email

My Blog List

04 May 2012

Back To Working Out


Looks yummy doesn't it? Well it wasn't. I'm not use to eating like this so I couldn't finish my meal and my stomach didn't feel good afterwards. I've been eating whatever the few days after my marathon but I can't go any further living like this. So back to eating clean.


If your wondering where the veggies are; I haven't had any the last few days. Starting next meal, I will be eating veggies like it is my JOB!



After a nice 4 days off from running, I decided to work out again. I went to the gym for leg day. Lifted heavy weights, well what's heavy for me anyway. Then afterwards I went to the track and ran sprints. I hate how the track on base is soo tiny. It's only 300 meters when a typical track is 400 meters. Makes it difficult when your trying to run Yasso 800's!

5/3/2012 Workout


* Barbell Squats 12 Reps 4 Sets. 30 Second hold at the last set.
* Squats (no weights) To Failure 4 Sets 30 Second hold at the last set.
* Walking Lunges (with weighted plates) Not sure how many steps I took or how far but I went from one side of the gym to the other side. 4 Sets
* Leg Raises To Failure 4 Sets
*Calf Raises on Smith Machine 12-15 Reps 4 Sets
* Box Jumps 30 Seconds 4 Sets
* Box Step Ups (with dumbbells) 12-15 Reps 5 Sets (each leg)
* Forward Lunges (with barbell)  12 Reps 4 Sets (each leg)
*Track. 2 Lap warm-up, then 5 Laps consisted of sprints each straight away, then slow jog on the curves. So total a of 10 wind sprints.



1 comment:

  1. That BBQ does look pretty good! Looks like you had a pretty decent workout. I need to start incorporating some strength training into my fitness plans.

    ReplyDelete