Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

05 May 2012

What's Next?


Big Sur Marathon 2012 has come and gone. After months of training and finally completing the marathon, what's next? 

My priorities are going to change a little bit, I won't stop running but I won't run 5 days a week like I was previously. There are some races I want to run this year although I haven't decided if I will or not race in them. 

For now I'd like to take up weight lifting and focus on my physique. I've been an athlete since the age of 5. I did gymnastics, soccer, cheerleading in high school, through all of my childhood and teenage years I was an inline speed skater. As a competitive athlete, it made me feel strong and athletic. I've missed that feeling, and I want to get it back. Once your an athlete it becomes a part of who you are. 

Long distance running is time consuming and isn't going to give me the athletic and toned physique I am trying to obtain. In order to get rid of my skinny fat, I need to take up weight lifting.

I have been following people in the fitness industry and just by looking at their status updates and wall photo's, I've learned so much. I don't plan on being strict with my training or diet, all I want is to be consistent with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment