Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

15 May 2012

Meal Plan


Yesterday I started following the meal plan from Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer.

 The meal plan focuses on clean eating, eating every 2 to 3 hours, and aiming for a 40-40-20 ratio of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats. The plan is filled with endless egg whites, steamed veggies, turkey meatloaf muffins and homemade protein bars. If you want to tweak your options the plan also offers a list of “approved” foods.

I eat my first meal within an hour of waking, eating every three hours (usually 5 or 6 meals depending on when I wake up), and am drinking a gallon of water a day. I am also limiting my fruit intake to twice daily. Vegetables (only green veggies) will go with every meal, and no carbs (starch) after 7 pm (or 3 hours before bedtime).

I'm on day two of Jamie Eason's Livefit diet plan. So far so good. Two days in row I have been able to drink a gallon of water a day. When people say water fills you up, they aren't lying! The hardest part is making sure I eat every 3 hours. There will be times when I'm not hungry at my next meal time so I have to force myself to eat. Preparation is key though to following any diet plan. If I have all my meals planned out and prepped ahead of time, I am more likely to stick with it vs grabbing a quick snack out of my junk food bin.

Sunday I went grocery shopping and prepped all my meals for the week. I'm soo proud of myself!! :)


I've already written down my measurements and took my "before" photos. I will be taking progress pics, and weighing myself once a week to see if I need to tweak anything in my training or diet. It's time to shape up this skinny fat!!



1 comment:

  1. I have heard of lots of people doing Jamie's plan. Do you like it so far?

    ReplyDelete