Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm Lisa a mom to two girls and a wife to a US Navy Submariner. I have a passion for running, nutrition and all things fitness. For me running or training hard at the gym equals 24 hours of complete joy in a day. If this blog inspires and helps motivate you, then I hope you continue reading.

My Blog List

16 May 2012

Jamie Eason's Turkey Muffins & Ab Workout

Today's work out went well! I went to the gym with a plan and killed my workout. Sometimes when I lift weights I feel like I take too long of a break between sets. Not today though! I worked out Back, Biceps, Abs and did HIIT. The time is currently 10 PM (past my bed time) and I can tell my back is gonna be sore in the AM. 

5/16/2012 Workout: 

Rows 10-12 Reps 4 Sets
Lat Pull downs 10-12 Reps 4 Sets (slow during the negative)
DB Rows 10-12 Reps 4 Sets
Chin Ups (Assists) 10-12 Reps 4 Sets (slow during the negative)
EZ Bar Preacher Curls 10-12 Reps 4 Sets (slow during the negative)
DB Curls 10-12 Reps 4 Sets 
Cable Machine Curls 10-12 Reps 4 Sets (slow during the negative)
DB Hammer Curls 10-12 Reps 4 Sets (slow during the negative)

HIIT consisted of 30 second all out sprints on the track, followed by 30 second walk repeat 12 times.

Abs- Finally I gave the ab pulldowns a try. Gosh, how come I didn't try this workout sooner?!?! Most people in the gym use the rope but I personally like using the bar. The rope hurts my hands. 


I'm going to give this ab routine posted below a try. I can't wait until I can go to the gym again!


The rest of my ab workout I had to complete at home (Insanity's Insane Abs). I was late getting to the gym and I had to pick my daughter up from daycare by a certain time. Next time I won't be late!!

My meal planning wasn't spot on today. I forgot to prep my chicken and I was starving so I ate way too many almonds! I know I know, almonds are a healthy fat, but too much and it's just FAT! I also didn't drink a gallon of water today. I came close but still not enough and that's probably why I didn't have that feeling "full" effect today. 


As I posted yesterday, I'm following Jamie Eason's LiveFit diet plan. For those who don't know who Jamie Eason is she is an American fitness model and writer. She is also a former NFL cheerleader and winner of the World's Fittest Model competition. She is currently a full-time spokesperson for Bodybuilding.com, and she has her own column in Oxygen magazine.

Jamie has a few recipes posted on bodybuilding.com. I made gave her Turkey Muffins recipe the other day. In her meal plan she suggest eating these twice a day during meals 2 and 5. To be honest, they don't taste bad at all, a little bland but not bad. I wonder how long it'll take for me to get sick of them since I'm eating a total of 4 of them a day. LOL

I'm sure Turkey Muffins sounds kind of scary, but really all it is is a turkey meatloaf made in a muffin tin (to separate serving sizes). So go ahead, give them a try....They are super easy to make!

Nicole Wilson just posted her turkey muffin recipe on FitnessRX.

Jamie Eason's Turkey Muffins


Calories: 80
Fats: 2 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken) *Extra Lean*
3 egg whites
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dry yellow mustard
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
2 celery stalks (finely chopped)

 Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball. Bake for 40 minutes.

Makes 12 muffins.
Serving Size: Women: 2 muffins Men: 4 muffins

4 comments:

  1. I did he workouts and got to phase 2 and loved it. I need to get back to it and need to do the diet portion to see some better results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Killer workout.

    And those muffins look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok awesome workout and food! i think i could get david to eat those without knowing how good they are for him

    ReplyDelete
  4. This are my favorite! Once I made them a few months ago I was hooked. Have made them so many times that I don't even have to look at the recipe...lol. they are so good!

    Maria
    http://www.fitnessgirlkitchen.com/

    ReplyDelete